Some young & vibrant person with disabilities (PWDs) & some concerned intellectuals of Bhaktapur realized strong need of an organization, which works for the equalizing rights & opportunities for person with disabilities (PWDs) in optimum level. The year 2067/68 & household survey related to disability done by Community Based Rehabilitation Organization (CBRO)-Bhaktapur in Bhaktapur district about 4107 or 2% of total population of Bhaktapur district registered the name list of people having disability. Realizing the fact VOICE FOR EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (VEO)-BHAKTAPUR was established in 7th Sep 1996 (21st Bhadra 2053). The theme is ‘Equal Participation of opportunity our necessary.’ The organization is registered to District Administration Office (DAO) Bhaktapur according to organization registration act 2034 BS. The organization is affiliated to National Federation of the Disabled-Nepal (NFD-Nepal) & Social Welfare Council 2053/05/30. This organization is Non-Government & Non-Profitable social organization, run by person with disabilities (PWDs).
Voice for Equal Opportunity envisages an inclusive society in Bhaktapur District where all human rights of persons/children with disabilities (C/PWDs) will be ensured & each of them will be enjoying all rights, services & opportunities in an equal basis & living dignified life independently in a barrier free environment.
Make Voice for Equal Opportunity as the leading, influential & strong Disabled People’s Organization in Bhaktapur for facilitating Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) to enjoy all rights, services, & opportunities which they are entitled to have from state & society in an equal basis & developing a barrier free environment for them.
Achieve Positive attitudes & behavior of society & states for promoting the rights of persons with disabilities (PWDs) in Bhaktapur.
Achieve barrier free environment for persons with disabilities (PWDs) in Bhaktapur
Achieve meaningful participation of persons with disabilities (PWDs) in decisions making process & adequate local resource for promoting the rights of persons with disabilities (PWDs) in Bhaktapur.
Achieve maximum independent living of persons with disabilities (PWDs) in Bhaktapur. Achieve full access of persons with disabilities (PWDs) in education, health, livelihood, empowerment, assistive devices & personal attendants.
Mobilization of persons with disabilities (PWDs) to develop the potential.
Mobilization of existing resource for the betterment of persons with disabilities (PWDs) as much as possible.
Networking with GOs, NGOs & INGOs.
Strengthen the organizational capacity to sustain the program.
- Contribute for developing inclusive society in Bhaktapur by including persons with disabilities (PWDs) in development processes.
- Promote the access of persons with disabilities (PWDs) in health, education, livelihood, social participation & assistive devices by facilitating in the effective implementation of legal provisions, provisions mentioned in UNCRPD & disability related other programs.
- Advocate for having adequate local resource in disability issues & facilitate for optimum mobilizations for the betterment of persons with disabilities (PWDs).
- Promote general mobility & social participation of persons with disabilities (PWDs) by facilitating for developing barrier free environment.
- Change the attitudes of society & state towards persons with disabilities (PWDs) & get their special attention & actions for promoting their rights.
- Develop strong coordination & solidarity among the local government & non government stakeholders & parents groups working on disability rights.
- Develop & mobilize capable persons with disabilities (PWDs) in advocacy, leadership & networking.