Now a days it is not necessary that education can be only gain in school. This concept has become old. As per the necessicity education can be gain staying at home. As main objective is getting education, state should be open & positive towards different alternatives. Thus, keeping in mind Voice for Equal Opportunity(VEO)-Bhaktapur has been providing door to door education to severe physical/multiple children with disability. This program has specially focused to those who cannot go to school & who had dropped out from school due to the various reasons. Since 2011 students will get admitted in near school & operation of regular classes for severe physical/multiple children with disability (CWDs) in their own home by mobilizing the teacher & taking class of two hours for each student. Since 2068 B.S. we have been providing door to door education service to children with severe physical disability. This program has been launched with six severe children with disability according to academic curriculum of school. Suvadra Foundation Nepal has supported for this program for 3 years from 2068 B.S. to 2070 B.S. At present we are providing this service for 9 children with severe physical & mental disability. From this academic year 2071 Stichting Suvadra Netherland is providing support for this program. Our organization is searching for the partner agencies to give sustainability of the program. This program is much more effective for the severe physical/multiple children with disability (CWDs) who cannot go to school. There has become improvement in their learning.
<iframe width=”640″ height=”360″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/srLAdF5mtFk” frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen></iframe>
According to disability household survey of 2067/68 done by Community Based Rehabilitation Organization CBRO-Bhaktapur, there are altogether 4107 person with disabilities in Bhaktapur district. Among them 238 people with full severe disabilities (category A) & 947 people with severe disabilities (category B) in the Bhaktapur district. On the basis of educational point of view, there are altogether 144 children with disabilities (CWDs) age of (4-20) are barrier from education till now. In same way 278 children with disabilities (CWDs) age of (4-20) has dropped out from education due to various reasons in Bhaktapur district. Altogether 422 children with disabilities are barrier from education. Among them 21 children with disabilities (CWDs) age of (4-19) are barrier from education till now in Bhaktapur municipality. In the same way 62 children with disabilities (CWDs) age of (4-19) has dropped out from education due to various reasons. Altogether 83 children with disabilities are barrier from education in Bhaktapur municipality.
We mostly those people with physical & multiple disabilities, who lie in: A category (i.e. Full Severe Disability) & B category (i.e. Severe Disability) according to the definition & classification of disability in Nepal have been facing such types of deprivation. Basically those school going age of severe physical/multiple children with disabilities who cannot go to school because of their physical functional limitations, lack of regular personal assistant, difficult geographical condition & long walking distance to school.
- Providing equal opportunity of education to severe physical/multiple children with disabilities (CWDs) through special & inclusive education.
- Contribute to the development of social participation & other empowerment of severe physical/multiple children with disabilities (CWDs).
- Reduce the frustration to the severe physical/multiple children with disabilities (CWDs).
- To develop well trained teacher/manpower.
- Providing the educational support for the school going & higher level Students with Disability (SWDs).
- Daycare support program.
- Home tuition support program.
- Child club support program.
- Operation of regular classes for severe physical/multiple children with disability (CWDs) in their own home by mobilizing the teachers.
- Training for handling students having severe physical/multiple children with disability (CWDs) to teachers.
- Personal record keeping of each student, home visit & counseling to the parents of the educational development of their children.
- Participation of severe physical/multiple children with disability (CWDs) games & extra activities together with other students.
- Regular interactions with parents for the educational progress of severe physical/multiple children with disability (CWDs).
- Organize educational tour, picnic program, para-Olympic/special Olympic games, and celebration of international ‘world disabled day’ & joint collaboration of various festivals.
- Many severe physical/multiple children with disability (CWDs) living in their own home who has dropped out from education due to their physical challenges in Bhaktapur are still without educational opportunity due to the lack of residential facilities in school. They cannot get proper environments in normal schools.
- Physical infrastructure & educational materials to run the classes are not good enough.
- Well trained manpower is not available.
- Due to financial limitations it is not being able to appoint well trained teachers for handling those sever physical/multiple children with disability (CWDs).
HOW CAN YOU HELP US?
- Being a volunteer.
- By donating money. (Onetime or fixed amount per month/year)
- By organizing fund-raising programs.
- By providing educational materials & stationeries.
- Your valuable suggestion & advice for social mobilization.
- By providing financial support
- By providing office equipment.
Voice for Equal Opportunity (VEO)-Bhaktapur Door to Door educational programs depend upon your cooperation & support for the betterment of the students. Your small support may provide progressive life to them
For financial support
Saving Account No.: 0019-10-0049910
Nepal Bank Limited,
Kamalvinayak, Bhaktapur, Nepal
Saving Account No.: 00310600009386000001
Apex Development Banking & Finance Limited,
Saving Account No.:0300000084cc
Citizen Bank Limited